Best Managed, Platinum Member – 13 Years and Counting
March 9, 2016 – ITC Construction Group’s commitment to quality and business excellence continues to deliver results. Today the National Post’s Special Feature confirms that ITC has successfully maintained their Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Member status.
The Canada’s Best Managed Companies program recognizes excellence in privately-owned Canadian companies. It is an exceptional achievement to reach the Platinum Member status as it requires the consistent demonstration of strategic vision, superior operational performance, the knowledge and capabilities of personnel in all areas of the business and financial performance, all of which is validated annually by the program leaders.
“We take the annual review by the Best Managed Judging Committee very seriously,” says Doug MacFarlane, President and CEO of ITC Construction Group. “High rise construction is a fast-paced, demanding industry and we operate 3 offices in Western Canada. The review process represents an opportunity for our team to slow down and evaluate our performance against our long-term growth objectives.”
This strategic effort has resulted in a business that has achieved much since becoming a Best Managed company in 2003; ITC has:
- Opened regional offices in Calgary and Edmonton
- Recently secured a project in Regina which officially marked their expansion in to Saskatchewan
- Won awards on numerous unique and memorable projects such as the Woodward’s Redevelopment Project, West Pender Place, Millennium Water (Olympic Village), the Ronald McDonald House, 564 Beatty Office Tower and the Port of Nanaimo Convention Centre.
- Completed 87 projects in 2 provinces, with 19 under construction
- Donated $1.5 million to the community and raised an addition $1 million through fundraising initiatives
“We work hard to build great careers for our people. Of equal importance is investing in the communities we build in,” says MacFarlane. “We are proud that our Building Communities initiative is a part of regular business operations. In everything we do – Quality Counts”